Hey, welcome to my blog! The Rustic Dreamer is a lifestyle blog where I share my thoughts on things that light me up like wellness, mindset, and personal growth as well as my journey as a creative entrepreneur – including posts on digital marketing and content creation (one of my big passions!)
2019 = Simplify to Amplify
This year is all about living life without regret. I’m on a mission to simplify as much as possible (thank you Marie Kondo! – so I’ll probably talk about miniamlism here and there) and AMPLIFY the good stuff.
More about me
I’m an ambitious introvert with far too many dreams, who doesn’t handle regret very well. In May 2019, I decided to chase my dream (again) of having my own creative digital business and make things happen! I’ve never been one to stay in a “box” or do what everyone else does, just because. I like to create my own path and do things a little differently – whatever that looks like; if it feels right – I go for it.
For the last 7 years, I’ve been a content creator/copywriter in various full-time and freelance roles. There’s just something about combining digital aesthetics, engaging content and authentic stories that gets me excited about getting up in the morning. That, and a French Vanilla cappucinno!
A few interesting/not so interesting things about me:
- I was born in Namibia
- I consider myself to be a bit of a gypsy/old soul (free spirit and INFJ)
- I’m a HUGE notebook & pretty mug addict
- I once started a podcast, which I loved but wasn’t’ ready for. I really want to give this a go again in the near future
- I’ve taken up running again and already have 6 trail races on the cards for 2019, YAY!
- Ask me what my biggest dream is, and I’ll tell you always – it’s to visit New York. I’ve had my heart set on that concrete jungle since I was 12. I was lucky enough to visit in 2015 and I left a part of my heart there for sure.
- I’m 36 and live with my trail running husband and fur-child, Jinx in the beautiful Cape winelands.
- In my spare time, you’ll either find me on the couch binge-watching Netflix or wine tasting at a nearby farm.